Fish the West

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Chartreuse Wooly Worms are Hot at Pyramid Lake

"I spent a couple of hours saturday afternoon, 12-17-05 at Pyramid Lake. I caught this nice 25 incher and two 24 inchers, and a couple of19's. Even though I change flies often, I'm catching more fish on the chartreuse woolly worm, using short 10 inch stripes. Last week I landed a 24 incher, feeling pretty good about my self until as I was headed toward shore to leave, fifty yards down from me, a 31 incher was caught. OUCH.



I've heard of a few bigger fish being caught. A couple of reminders, check your knots often, I lost a fish (and a fly) saturday. Also, take time to sharpen your hooks even if the fly is new off the shelf. Some times these hooks are not as sharp as you would think. "

- Wayne B.

Wanna see some other "BIG" Cutthroat Trout from Pyramid Lake? Check out a few of Wayne's other Prize fish:

As always Wayne, thanks for the local tips, tricks and photos. We always look forward to hearing from you!